Informal Settlements

Today is a school day I live with my four brothers and three sisters so in the house we are eight children altogether. We wake up at 04:00 AM so I get up pour water in a tub and bath my brothers and sisters then wash myself , I get them dressed and go to make breakfast make but there’s no food so I go to school with a empty stomach.
 I get out the house barefoot and probably have to walk 5 KM to get to school.
When I get to school I have to go to the bathroom and wash my feet in the sink and go in class.


 In our class the windows are broken so the wind does come in and rain.
Our toilets are the drop toilets. For the little kids it’s not safe so they have to dig a hole do their business in the hole then fill it up.
 Then after a half an hour we have break then go home.
On my way home I also have to walk 5KM back .
When I finally get home. I live in a shack,I feel so tired and just throw myself on the bed but then my mom came in and said I must clean the house then I was cooking while I was cooking I cut myself and my mom took me to the hospital and we had wait about 5 hours.

After they put a bandage over me we walked home about 09:00 PM and it was so dark so we barely couldn’t see but we got home at 10:00 PM .
At night it was raining and the roof was leaking so when we got up it stopped raining so we took the clothes and make them dry and them on the washing line.



Every night when I go to sleep I dream of living in a mansion and sleeping in my own room a driving my own car

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Singing Inspector: Charles experience

Letter to the Grade 4s of 2020.

Stranded on the Island